Capricorn is the tenth sign in the zodiac. It originates from the constellation of Capricornus. In astrology Capricorn is considered an earth sign. It is also one of the four cardinal signs and closely associated with Saturn. The image traditionally associated with Capricorn is based on the Sumerian god of wisdom and waters. Under the tropical zodiac those born from December 22 to January 19 are Capricorns.
Capricorn traits are often among the most responsible of people. They also are well disciplined, exhibit strong self control, and have excellent manners. To go along with this they are also self motivated and self sufficient. They will often take the lead and rely heavily on themselves, though they are also patient and loyal as well as dependable. They are some of the most down to earth and sensible people you will meet.
To go along with these good traits they can at times be stubborn, refusing to give an inch if they can’t see why the other person might be right. They can also be very linear thinkers and have trouble with creativity, though not always. If things don’t go so well they can be more likely than other signs to become possessive, distrustful, demanding, and controlling or jealous.
Capricorn Compatibility with other Zodiac signs
- Capricorn traits are very compatible with Taurus: Both Taurus and Capricorn are reliable and steadfast. This means you’re often both on the same wavelength. Meaning there will be peace in the relationship.
- Capricorns also match well with Leos: While in many ways the two signs are opposites. If these differences can be overcome though you’ll find they complement each other and you’ll make a highly effective team.
- Virgos are also a good match for Capricorns: You’ll generally be similar enough that you’ll understand and like each other, but different enough to keep things exciting. Virgos along with Taurus are generally the best match for Capricorns.
- Libras also make decent matches for Capricorns: Though it’s important for the Libra to realize that the Capricorns hard work and devotion to their goals does not mean they don’t care.
- Scorpios are nearly as good of a match as Taurus and Virgo: Your goals are very similar and you’re both willing to work very hard. You’re both reserved so you’ll enjoy many of the same social activities.
- Capricorns also match well with other Capricorns: Seeing as your both driven and devoted to your work you’ll understand that it’s not that your partner doesn’t care about you it’s just they tend to get really focused.
- Pisces are good matches for Capricorns as well: Pisces are very good at predating how things will go. This will be greatly appreciated by a Capricorn. They’re also good at providing emotional support and security, which is an area Capricorns can be lacking in.
- Aries are amongst the worst matches for Capricorns: Your goals and outlooks will often be just too different to overcome.
- Gemini is also generally poor matches for Capricorn: Capricorns are generally too conservative and reserved to be really understood by Geminis.
- Cancers are one of the better matches for Capricorns: Though the Cancer will have to remember that while Capricorns are generally not as affectionate as they are, they do still care deeply.
- Capricorn/Sagittarius relationships are amongst the hardest to make work: Sagittarius are often unbridled enthusiastic about things, while Capricorns are methodical and determined. This is a huge difference and can be very hard to overcome.
- Aquarius Capricorn relationships can be tough: Aquarius generally do not like concrete plans and Capricorns do. This can naturally lead to conflict.
All in all Capricorns are highly dependable people. This can make them great partners and providers. But they’re rigidity and adherence to the plan can create friction with some.